December 22, 2007

A visit with Lydia

Lydia came to visit today!

Last January, my mom took in a foster baby girl, straight from the hospital, and we named her Lydia. She was with my parents until June and was adopted by the man in charge of our church's community development program and his wife. She was a real chunk when she left!

Mom had seen Lydia's dad the day before she left, and he'd said that his wife might bring Lydia by sometime while Mom was gone. So this morning, when I asked who was knocking at the gate and heard, "Lydia's parents!" I rushed to get dressed and greet them! Little Lydia (now 11 mos) came in with her mom and uncle, and we had a nice visit. (I was really annoyed that my camera stopped working for no reason I could find!) My friend Sara had come a bit earlier and stuck around long enough to take a few photos.

Lydia is so big! She's standing now, though not walking yet, and she makes lots of fun sounds. She scared poor Zoe out of her wits (I've never heard Zoe growl at someone before!). She crawled around and grabbed anything and everything. I wished we had some one-year-old-appropriate toys!

It was a short visit but happy. I'm glad Lydia is growing (she has 6 teeth!) and is loved. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment