Don’t get me wrong. This has been a wonderful place for us to live, a real blessing. I knew as soon as I got the email about it in June that God had prepared this place just for our specific need these past 16 weeks. I am truly grateful for the house and for our host couple next-door. That is absolute.
Having said that, and avoiding complaining in any way, I am definitely looking forward to certain features that our next home will hopefully have in contrast…or not have in some cases.
I’m looking forward to
- a home that is not already infested with 2-inch cockroaches.
- windows that open.
- being able to use curtains or blinds in my living room so that I’m not living in a fishbowl and can actually wear pajamas at night in the living room and kitchen.
- plumbing that does not leak excessively.
- air conditioning that cools down the whole house, not just the bedrooms.
- having empty closets, drawers, cupboards, and shelves so I can actually use that space myself.
- taking baths again instead of just showers!! (Timothy is also looking forward to this, to be sure.)
- a stove at countertop height instead of low-down for wheelchair accessibility.
- grounded outlets.
- having a carpet that does not show every single crumb that falls.
- paying my own bills and not feeling beholden to anyone.
- having doors that seal and thus keep out geckos and crickets.
- not constantly having to worry about Timothy’s damaging something that is not ours.
- getting regular Internet!
and 15. being able to decorate with my very poor taste and minimal skills, not to mention nonexistent budget! :)