October 28, 2010

A new place to live

Don’t get me wrong. This has been a wonderful place for us to live, a real blessing. I knew as soon as I got the email about it in June that God had prepared this place just for our specific need these past 16 weeks. I am truly grateful for the house and for our host couple next-door. That is absolute.

Having said that, and avoiding complaining in any way, I am definitely looking forward to certain features that our next home will hopefully have in contrast…or not have in some cases.

I’m looking forward to

  1. a home that is not already infested with 2-inch cockroaches.
  2. windows that open.
  3. being able to use curtains or blinds in my living room so that I’m not living in a fishbowl and can actually wear pajamas at night in the living room and kitchen.
  4. plumbing that does not leak excessively.
  5. air conditioning that cools down the whole house, not just the bedrooms.
  6. having empty closets, drawers, cupboards, and shelves so I can actually use that space myself.
  7. taking baths again instead of just showers!! (Timothy is also looking forward to this, to be sure.)
  8. a stove at countertop height instead of low-down for wheelchair accessibility.
  9. grounded outlets.
  10. having a carpet that does not show every single crumb that falls.
  11. paying my own bills and not feeling beholden to anyone.
  12. having doors that seal and thus keep out geckos and crickets.
  13. not constantly having to worry about Timothy’s damaging something that is not ours.
  14. getting regular Internet!

and 15. being able to decorate with my very poor taste and minimal skills, not to mention nonexistent budget! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a reasonable list of wishes, Saralynn :) Sorry the last place was so horrid :P

    ReplyDelete