December 05, 2007

The first day

It's been just over 24 hours since my parents left, and we're all still alive! Somehow we made it through the first day, and so I know we can make it through the whole month.

Oh sure, Luke's been trying to sneak things by me--like taking toys outside, which he knows is forbidden, and drinking cold water from the fridge, which Mom won't let him do because he either leaves the fridge open or forgets to put the water back in. And he alternates between saying he hates me and likes me...but that's nothing new! No, all in all, I think we'll do okay.

I actually think my biggest hurdle will be readjusting to cooking! I've got a meal plan for next week, so hopefully I can get everything I need on Friday's shopping trip. It's a good thing Luke's not a terribly picky eater, 'cause I'm going for simple and yummy--unlike my mom, who goes for exotic and absolutely scrumptious. Ah well. We can't all be my mom.

Please KEEP PRAYING for us!! I need more sleep, which I'm not going to get with Luke in the house, and that's frustrating. Thank God, though, he has a tutor who takes up most of his day time!

Also please pray for my parents, who are--as I type--in the air over the Atlantic Ocean and will arrive in Charlotte, NC, at about 9:30 tonight our time (3:30pm ET). They'll be in Charlotte for two days, I think, and then drive up to Lexington, VA, on Friday or Saturday--in time to attend my sister's Christmas concert. Yay!

Boy, I miss them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment