December 18, 2007

(Recipe 5) Snowballs

1 c butter
2 c flour
½ c powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts

Roll dough into little balls and place on ungreased sheet. Bake at 300°F about 30 minutes.

Cool and roll in granulated or powdered sugar.

******************************
These are my personal favourites. I love them so much that my mom started making them for me even when it wasn't Christmas! My second care package in college (all the way from Nigeria!) was a Tupperware container of snowballs. Yum yum! They're just a basic shortbread, but they taste phenomenal, and I particularly love 'em with chocolate chips. (I'm not a fan of walnuts anyway.) We roll them in powdered sugar, and they do look like snowballs! They've also been called "Russian Tea Cakes." They're great!

No comments:

Post a Comment