December 02, 2007

December with Luke

The final word is in from the Smiths, and they've decided not to take Luke.
-------This is sad because it means my parents will not be able to spend their whole six-month furlough in the States. (They're entitled to a year of rest, but they'd shortened it to six months when they realised there was no way they could take Luke with them.) So they plan to spend about eight weeks instead, all of December and January, and return in early February. They won't get all the rest they need, and they won't get to visit their supporting churches.
--------But they will get to see my siblings and their kids, and probably my dad's family in California.
--------And I'm selfishly glad they're returning so soon because I will miss my parents like crazy while they're gone. (And no, not just for my mom's cooking! How dare you even think it?!)
--------So that leaves David and me watching Luke for December, and another gracious family watching him for January. It should be an interesting month...

1 comment: