March 05, 2008

Somebody please remind Mommy to buy a potato masher next time she's in the States!

Tonight I decided to make mashed potatoes. Simple, right?

You'd think. First, I remembered that my black pepper is at my mom's house, so these potatoes have no black pepper in them--only salt and milk. Second, I was too lazy to peel the potatoes, so they're full of peel. Nutritious but not very pretty. Third, our kitchen has no working light. In fact, even the porch light--right outside the kitchen--and the hall light--between the kitchen and the rest of the house--are burned out with no hope of being replaced. (The fixtures keep burning out the bulbs, so we'd have to replace all the fixtures...) So once five o'clock comes around--since the kitchen faces northeast--the kitchen is dark. And I mean dark. And last but not least, I have no potato masher!! So I used my handy dandy pestle. Cool, huh?

2 comments:

  1. You did it in spite of all those setbacks! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous01:57

    Timothy looks so big and healthy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete