February 16, 2008

Still working on the passport

I see that I didn't follow up our passport problems after going to the embassy on Monday.

The short version is that we still couldn't apply for Timothy's passport.

So we're hoping my parents can bring more documents with them when they come next weekend. It's been a nightmarish week of phone calls (for Dad) and emails and faxes (for me). I've tried to contact everyone under the sun who could possibly help me verify--officially--that I've been physically present in the U.S. for five years. This included emailing my 2nd- and 3rd-grade teacher to seek her help in getting my primary school records. (Yep, primary school. Right. Honestly, who brings their primary school report cards to Africa when they move?)

Anyway, all that to say we're still waiting and working on it. Lord willing, when Mom and Dad bring more papers, including three official transcripts, we'll be able to make more of a case so that Timothy's passport will be ready before June. Otherwise, we'll have to postpone our trip until his passport is ready.

Bureaucracy. Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment