February 09, 2008

Believing God

I'm taking part in a Bible study by Beth Moore called Believing God, and it's been really good so far. Two weeks ago during Bible study, we talked about how we need to believe God for the little things that we think He really won't do, as well as the big miracles like healing. A friend told about how God brought someone into her life unexpectedly to fix her computer when it was broken and needed immediate attention. So last night when David came home at 11:30pm and told me to go to bed, that my transcript wasn't going to come, I kind of sagged. Earlier I'd told God I believed Him to get my transcript to me so I could go to the embassy on Monday.

I woke up around 4:30am to feed Timothy and decided to check my email--just in case. I knew it wasn't very likely I'd have gotten the transcript in my email/fax since I'd checked at 11:30 our time, which was 4:30 Central U.S. I figured they wouldn't fax the transcript between 4:30 and 5:00pm on a Friday!

But there it was in my inbox. Hooray! I believe God is who He says He is. I believe I am who God says I am. I believe God can do what He says He can do. I believe I can do all things in Christ. I believe God's word is alive and active in me. I'm believing God!!

3 comments:

  1. I bought her book almost a year ago and havent finished it. I'll go and dig it out and do so. Thanks for sharing this testimony! God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is always on time. Always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete