February 16, 2008

Sleepy Saturday

It's just past noon, and all three of my boys are asleep. Not still asleep, mind you. They were all up at one point or another. Luke, as is his Saturday custom, was up probably between 7 and 8 and was watching Wallace and Gromit for a good half hour to an hour before I was aware of it. Timothy woke at 6:30 to eat, and we were up again at 8:30 to 9:30 to feed Luke and eat breakfast ourselves. After breakfast, Luke got in trouble, and I told him to go lie on his bed, and he fell asleep after crying very loudly for 10 minutes. David, though, has the best reason for sleeping. He was on call and awake all night; he only came home at 11 AM. Ah, the life of a resident.

Besides that, it's a sleeping morning. It's just cool enough that it feels wonderful to be under the covers--not cold, just cool. Now, at noon, it's warming up, and I've extracted myself from bed. But my boys are still sleeping away, snuggled up and warm. (Timothy's the exception, sleeping in my arms as I type.)

It's days like this that I'll miss when there are places to go, people to see, things to do. I'm not an advocate of laziness, but I believe in having a good lie-in when possible. After all, God rested on the seventh day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment