September 17, 2007

Loose Ends

This afternoon I'm going out to Miango (the village in which I was married last year) for a five-day writers' workshop put on by my organisation, Joint Project for Sunday School Materials. I'm ashamed to admit I've been dreading it for over a month. I'll have to give a presentation on self-editing, plus a devotional, and I hate public speaking. Granted, it's a small group, but still. The worst part is that both our CEO and our office-manager-and-boss lost relatives this past week so will be unable to attend the workshop. Obviously, I'm grieved that they had deaths in their families. At the same time, I'm anxious because their absence will mean much more work for those of us remaining. *sigh* We'll manage somehow. We have some strikes against us already, but I'm confident that God is in the midst of all this, so we will succeed, as long we keep our focus on him. I'm hoping it will be a good week, that we'll all learn something, and that we can get our lessons written. The aim of this workshop is to write Sunday school lessons for Book 1 of our new teen curriculum. That's 52 lessons, all of which we've planned ahead of time as far as objectives, themes, and Bible passages.

But I've never written a Sunday school lesson before in my life, so this is a totally new experience for me. And it's scary.

The nice thing about Miango is that it's a retreat centre. It will be quiet, probably a little cooler than Jos, and we'll get three full meals a day. And I'm also hoping for reliable power and maybe even running water! :) It will be nice to take a shower. (Last time I was at Miango, I had no hot water! And although we have a shower stall in our house, there's never any water with which to take a shower.)

I just wish David could come with me.

So I'll be gone this week, not posting unless I can sneak an hour into the Internet cafe there. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get your work done AND come home feeling refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous23:01

    I'm hoping a nice hot shower for you! And a couple of trips to the Internet cafe. I'll miss your postings!

    ReplyDelete