September 14, 2007

Change of plans...again

Well, we were going to move ("pack," they say here) tomorrow, and now we aren't going to.

Why not? is a little hard to explain. It's very complicated. The basic gist is that David was informed yesterday he would probably be required to restart his residency program at the teaching hospital, putting him back two years in the program. This is unacceptable.

So... things have ground to a halt. Our lives are entirely up in the air. I guess this is God's way of saying, "Hi guys. I'm still in control. I know what I'm doing, even though you haven't a clue."

Now what? David has to make a crucial decision whether to quit work at the teaching hospital and try to get his job back at Evangel; or to stay at the teaching hospital and try to work around the problem...somehow. But as for moving tomorrow, it's not happening. There's obviously no point in moving all our things over to the new place if we're going to stay at Evangel. But at least we now have a BED! So even if we stay, we can sleep off the floor! Very exciting. And we've also already bought our fridge, with a frost-free freezer. You have no idea how exciting these two acquisitions are for me! Oh, and a rocking chair and a hutch. Oh yeah, I'm going to love our new furniture.

Next week I'm going to our writers' workshop, so I won't have to worry about it, which is nice. Poor David will be all alone with his decision. Pray for him!! And pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment