December 28, 2006

Uncle Randal's homecoming

It's late. I'm tired. In nine hours I'm leaving for the airport. But tonight I heard that a good family friend passed away from cancer a few days ago. And how will I be able to sleep now?

Uncle Randal is in heaven with his Saviour. I know that. And his death isn't sudden. We've known he was dying for several years, in fact. But this fall it suddenly became a reality to me, as though I hadn't known it before. And this past month, when I knew his time was particularly short, I kept hoping he'd hold on until I got back to my husband. I wanted to have someone to grieve with.

And instead, I'm here in an empty living room, crying by myself, with no one to hold me or comfort me.

Never have I felt so alone.

_______________
This is a photo of Uncle Randal (centre) and his wife & children.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:22

    we need an update please!!! love ya.

    ReplyDelete