December 22, 2006

Forced Exile, Day 18


I have a new nephew!!

Ethan Andrew Gertz was born at 10:59pm on Wednesday, December 20. He weighs 7lbs, 10oz, and is 19-1/2 inches long. And he's just adorable. (Unfortunately, I've got this awful cold, so I can't even really hold him.)

My sister Lisa is doing fine, recovering a little slowly as she had an unplanned C-section. (I'm sure she appreciates prayer.) She was glad to have the baby before Christmas, especially considering the docs originally wanted to deliver him on New Year's Eve, which is Lisa's birthday!

And even though I'm down with a cold, I'm glad I could be here! I was at the hospital when Ethan was born, and what a joy that was! And I'm really glad I can be here to help watch Lisa's two kids while she's in the hospital. It turned out well.

But I'm still horribly homesick and eager to be back in Jos. I leave a week from today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment