May 16, 2008

Sigh

Yikes. I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last post! I'm usually so good about this! But kai, ever since I took on this freelance grammar textbook-tome to edit, I've been going absolutely bonkers. I'm tired every minute of every day, and I'm frantically trying to get this book completed before we leave in just two weeks!! I've been working as often as I can during the day, plus every night until 11:30 or 12:00 to accomplish what I can while Timothy is asleep. And when I'm finished, I'll post all the hysterically funny mistakes I've come across. So stay tuned! And I'm furiously trying to get some stuff done for Joint Project, since it seems that I'm the only one on staff who's remotely Internet-savvy. *sigh*

In the midst of all this, David was gone for a week to Lagos. He completed and PASSED his second Part I Fellowship Exam for Family Practice. Yay!! (This was the National College exam, which is reputedly harder than the West African College exam, which he passed in April.) We're so thrilled and relieved. The sad thing is that David is now on his Ob/Gyn rotation so is pretty busy. When he's at home, he's asleep. *sigh*

And I'm starting to pack for our trip. We leave Jos two weeks from tomorrow, the 31st, and fly out on Sunday, June 1. I'm getting a bit stir crazy, actually. I just want to get on the plane and have all the planning over with! I want to lean back in that small airplane seat, with Timothy on my lap--because he costs way too much to have in his own seat on a trans-Atlantic flight--and close my eyes, knowing I can't do anything about anything while I'm in the air. *sigh*

Oh, and I've been approached about considering a new position in town...which I won't talk about until I know more details and I've thought it through more. But it would be a huge step up in salary from what I'm earning now. And it would probably also be a huge increase in work, but of a different type. More decisions to make. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're so tired, Ish. I can't believe you have so much work and even more work opportunities. Kai! I'm starting to count down now that it's so soon until you arrive. Yay!

    ReplyDelete