January 01, 2008

Bringing in the New Year

Happy New Year!!

David, Luke, Timothy, and I ushered in 2008 at home in my parents' bedroom, gathered around the computer to watch the clock. I had to wake both David and Luke to celebrate, but Timothy was a trooper and stayed up with me. (Or was it the other way around?) We cheered and popped the cork on some sparkling grape juice. Yum! (Oh what I would have given for Martinelli's, though!) We clinked glasses and plastic cup and toasted 2008: "May it be as good as 2007--and better!"

Then the boys went to bed. Timothy and I, on the other hand, stayed up and had a lovely meal and bonding time. The firecrackers and trumpets, etc. were so loud until 3 am that poor Timothy--though he tried--didn't really fall asleep until almost 4 am. So neither did I. Poor us! It's a good thing today is a holiday, 'cause the two of us got to sleep until 11. Yeah!!

No plans for today except to expect a couple we know to come visit with their two kids. Should be nice. Today, in Nigerian culture, is another big day of visiting and eating, so we'll just hide away in our home and pretend to not be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment