November 20, 2007

Has it been another week?

I have a good excuse for not posting! People keep telling me I need to sleep whenever the baby sleeps. Duh. That makes sense. It's not as easy as it sounds--especially since I've never been good at napping, being a light sleeper--but I'm trying!

On Thursday, David helped carve his first jack-o-lantern! I know, we were a little late in this Halloween tradition, but since it's not a holiday celebrated here at all, there was no harm in waiting for a good evening. It was a small pumpkin, and so our lantern was quite simple. Luke drew the nose, which is why it's rectangular instead of triangular. Oh well!
Saturday afternoon we attended the Hillcrest Food Fair, which the PTA organises every other year. There were booths with Nigeria, India, Korea, Lebanon, the UK, Australia (and New Zealand), Ethiopia, Egypt & Sudan, and the US & Canada. Very cool! David tried some Korean fried rice, and I had some delicious Ethiopian bread, called injera. We had a nice chat with our friends Sara and Sunny (another mixed couple), who are in town for three weeks.

Sunday was our first anniversary. We went out to lunch at the nicest restaurant in town, Elysar, which offers an assortment of both Lebanese and Chinese food. Yum! After a nap at home, we played games at my parents' (like every Sunday) with Marc. After dinner we cut into the top layer of our wedding cake, which had been in Mom and Dad's freezer for a year. It was delicious, amazingly! I'm glad I finally got to taste a piece! :) Then we had "Advent" (of sorts, even though we're 2 weeks ahead of the Church calendar) and played some more games. What a fun anniversary! We really thank God for helping us make it through the past year!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing what you did to celebrate, and for updating us on your last week. Sure wish I could be there to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete