October 15, 2007

Loss of concentration

I had a hard time deciding whether to post this here in my regular blog or in my baby blog because it fits both. So maybe I'll copy it over.

The problem is that I can no longer keep them separate this way! Obviously, I can still write "only" about the baby, but I can't "only" write about everyday life anymore!! I've finally reached the point of not being able to really concentrate on anything long enough to get much work done. Part of it is just, as I said, lack of concentration. But a lot of it is this enormous fatigue. As soon as I sit down with the computer to work, or even to email or spend some time on Facebook, I want to lie down and take a nap--even if I've just woken up!

I'm told this whole experience is normal and will only increase in severity until delivery. Boy, and then talk about being consumed with Baby! But at least then I'll have a few weeks off and won't have to worry about my work efficiency. Should I quit early, or should I continue to struggle with not getting enough done to warrant my status of "working"?

I'm really going to make people sick of me if all I can think about or talk about is this baby coming. Yesterday I got to eight months, so if I were to deliver this week, my baby would probably be just fine. And I've heard lots of stories of women delivering early! (But most of the stories are about women delivering their first babies significantly late. My nephew Rowan was 12 days late. But David says my doctors won't let me get beyond 10 days post-due before they induce. What a relief!)

Help! How am I going to work in this state??

1 comment:

  1. You just have to give yourself a break, Ish. Your employers should understand. Can you do it in small bits, and nibble snacks or get up to stretch in between so you don't get so sleepy? BTW, I don't think anyone will mind that you talk about Baby a lot!! You're supposed to!

    ReplyDelete