July 09, 2006

Licking Wounds


Did you see that match? Did you watch it? Kai!!

France just lost the World Cup, and I'm still ranting about it. They lost fair and square - Italy played better, in truth - but it's still a hard blow. I'd only been rooting for France for about a week, once my favourite teams were out (Ghana and Brazil)... But still. Oh oh.

I watched the match tonight at the home of one of our doctors. We had minerals (sodas) and popcorn, and I listened to the live running commentary provided by my doctor friend and my uncle. Even though some of us were rooting for Italy and some for France, we were all equally disappointed about the red card in overtime. What a way to end one's career.

I have no eloquence tonight. Just needed to vent. Vive la France!

No comments:

Post a Comment