November 12, 2008

Traveling

The one thing I can say for sure about today's trip to Lagos is that it will be something to blog about!

 

The original plan included our going together on a bus to Lagos this past Sunday. However, David decided that we didn't all need to go that early, so he went on ahead by himself, leaving Timothy and me to fly down today. He's already taken care of one errand, and we'll go together to do Thursday and Friday's errands. I sure am glad that I'm going to be in Lagos with my husband instead of alone, or with a stranger! Even better, we have a good friend who works in Lagos and lives in Jos, so he's been taking care of David and will hopefully help us get around. Phew.

 

So I'll go out to the Jos airport around 10am. I've only been there twice--once in 1995, when Mom, Jonathan, and I flew in from Lagos; and once a year or two later when Laura and I went to meet Jessica, whose family was flying in from the U.S. via Lagos. I don't remember much about it, except that it's pretty darn small. I've been told I can show up a few hours early, buy a ticket there, and then just get on the plane whenever they say to do so. Works for me!

 

I hope that when I come back on Saturday, I'll be brimming with a wonderful tale of adventure in the big city! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment