November 19, 2008

Nightnoises

I was coming home tonight from my parents' house, through a neighbour's yard, when I saw this picture:

DSCF1048 

I was trying to keep from tripping in the dark, so I wasn't really paying much attention. I saw this white thing to the right of the gate and thought it was just a bundle of cloth or a bag of grain or something someone had left on top of the fence.

 

I did a double-take when it clucked at me! I rushed home to get my camera and snap the shot. Here's a closer shot of my night-time friend:

DSCF1049

Who ever said chickens can't fly? Lots of fun!

 

On another note entirely, David and I celebrated our second anniversary yesterday! We went out to eat while Mom and Dad watched Timothy, and we were back in plenty of time to put Timothy to bed and play Cities and Knights of Catan with my dad. And whaddya know--I won! I hardly ever win! It was a good day, and much less stressful than two years ago. :)

1 comment: