August 24, 2008

A few answers

Okay, lots of people have asked me what my new job actually is, so I guess I'd better sum up.

I'll be working at Hillcrest School, my alma mater, but I won't be teaching--which is actually a real blessing, since I've discovered that although teaching can be fun, I don't have the talent it takes!

My position is Recruitment and Development Director, which is a huge title but is much simpler than it sounds! I'll have three main tasks, as I understand it:

  1. To recruit--teachers from outside Nigeria and students from inside (mostly, anyway);
  2. To develop a network of financial support; and
  3. To keep up with alumni and encourage good relations between the school and her graduates.

It sounds difficult but also exciting. I worked all my years at Wheaton College in the Development Office, so I'm hoping I picked up a few important lessons, whether or not I realise it now. The job is only part-time, and we're hoping it will work to have Timothy come with me, but everything is fluid right now, since this is a new position. There's a lot of room for error and growth. I'm sure I have a lot to learn!

1 comment:

  1. You know that for a while we were working on an Alumni website. Onche was the head of that. I don't know what happened, but it fell apart. The backbone database for that, I still have on file. It hasn't been updated in about 2 years, but I'm sure there's enough information in there to make a decent stat.

    ReplyDelete