June 20, 2008

Road Trip Mania Week 3

We're back in Santee, California (a suburb of San Diego), after an eventful week! It's been nice today to just relax and stretch out after spending a few days in the car. This morning, my aunt Pamela--dear that she is--took me to her massage therapist and gave me the gift of an hour-long massage. Wow! It was phenomenal. Thanks, Anty P!

Week Three Highlights
  • Seeing my cousins Marcy and Michael and their families, including two "new" first-cousins-once-removed, Amelie and Craig
  • Swimming, with Timothy in a 6-legged-"spider"-raft, in my aunt & uncle's pool
  • Touring the Coalinga museum
  • Watching Timothy play drums at my aunt's dream-now-reality, the Imaginarium
  • Spending two nights at the comfortable "Froofroo Inn" (in a four-poster four-foot-off-the-ground bed)
  • Visiting Yosemite National Park and marveling at its God-made beauty! (and agonizing as we watched David climbing and slipping on the wet rocks at the base of Bridalvale Falls)
  • Discovering I can't drink coffee any more, even decaf
  • Iced chai lattes at Starbucks...need I say more?
  • Singing "He Goes to Church on Sundays Now" in the car with my aunt Pamela
  • Listening to my aunt Mary's version of how David and I became engaged
  • Spending time with my aunts and uncles.

Tonight we're having dinner out with the family, and tomorrow we'll go to our friends the Davidsons' house and pack up to fly back to Chicago Sunday afternoon. We've had a really good time in California, and even though we've been on the road a lot, it's been nice to sit in the backseat with Timothy instead of doing the driving myself! (Plus it's been nice to let someone else pay $4.68 a gallon on gas!) Please remember us in your prayers as we continue our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment