June 13, 2008

Road Trip Mania Week 2

Wow. David and Timothy are both asleep, and our hosts are at a wedding rehearsal until late this evening, so I'm finally--thanks to DSL--able to sit down and blog about our trip thus far.

Week One Highlights
  • Introducing David to Good Will and Wal-Mart
  • Meeting Ethan Gertz, our 2nd-youngest nephew
  • Driving along a bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway with my sister and her family
  • Getting lost near Waxhaw, North Carolina
  • Seeing friends Alissa, Hannah, and Josh, and receiving a beautiful homemade quilt Hannah made for Timothy!
  • Wading in a Georgia lake with my aunt Brenda, uncle John, and cousins Alyssa and Kelly
  • Eating barbecue with my grandmother in Alabama and hearing about her youth
  • Having African food with Laura, my best friend from high school, and touring her ambulance
  • Listening to Death in the Clouds by Agatha Christie.
Week Two Highlights
  • Attending a PCA church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and having a cookout with a Nigerian family afterward
  • Paying less than $4 a gallon on gas
  • Visiting with my college mom, Pam, and her husband Don
  • Spending time walking around downtown Wheaton with our friend Jonathan, and especially going to the Pocorn Shop
  • Seeing my grandparents, aunt & uncles, great aunts and uncle, dad's cousins, and the cat Domino
  • Eating fish tacos
  • Setting foot in the Pacific
  • Sorting out my bank issues--thank God!!
I know I've left a lot out, but those are some of our highlights. We're enjoying the San Diego dry heat.

Oh, Timothy is awake, so that's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment