August 16, 2007

Cat sitting over!

What with the change-over in blogs, I forgot to announce that we are no longer cat-sitting!
My friend Sara and her husband were gone for SIX WEEKS instead of two. Now, I love cats. I really do. They’re my favourite animal. (I like camels, but honestly, I wouldn’t want to own one.) And I enjoyed having two cats. In fact, I would have loved to keep little Tigger…

…except that he never did use the litter box. Of all the annoying things cats can do–including yowling at night, scratching furniture, biting your toes, etc.–that has to be the worst. And since I’m pregnant and terrified of toxoplasmosis or whatever it is, I won’t touch the cat’s messes. So my poor househelp, Ladi, who I swear is a saint, had to clean up after the kitty three times a week. Poor, sweet Ladi!

So I was sad but glad to say goodbye to Tigger when Sara called to say she was back in town. The only thing was that she’s just taken a new job that will involve a lot of travel. So she decided she couldn’t keep the kitten. It just wasn’t practical. She said she’d try to find him a permanent home. Well, I sent out an email to our missionary community asking if anyone wanted little Tigger. And while Sara was at my house on Monday–surprise! A lady I’d met in February popped in to ask if she could have the kitten. So Sara and I both got to talk to her, and she took Tigger right then and there. PHEW! God is good–all the time!

So we no longer have Tigger. I miss him, but I sure don’t miss the house’s smelling like a loo. Thank you, Mrs. Galadima, for adopting Tigger! (And good luck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment