April 04, 2007

Contentment is...

**feeling good after being sick for ten days. (Thanks, everyone, for all your encouragement!)

**tasting fresh challah spread with real butter. (I miss SAGA!)

**smelling rain on the wind blowing through the living room windows.

**listening to a tinny web feed of country music.

**hearing rolling thunder passing overhead, rumbling and booming.

**gazing at the enormous slate-grey clouds I know will rain somewhere if not here now.

**watching Star Trek Voyager episodes on a lazy afternoon.

**reconnecting with old friends I thought were long gone.

It's a plain Wednesday. Nothing exciting has happened. But it's been a good day so far. Why? The answer is contentment. It's not about what happens or what doesn't happen, what I have or what I'm missing. It's about how I see it, how I smell it, taste it, feel it, hear it. And just for an instant, it is perfect.

4 comments:

  1. Contentment! Wow, I just posted a survey on that on my blog. Did you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you stopping by. I was not trying to imply that Christians are superior to Muslims, I was working on the terrorist being the same as me.I 've added an update to make things more clear. Please forgive me if I seemed arrogant.
    By the way I must admit that the reason I enjoy your blog so much is that you have given me a window into a world that not only can I ever see nor can many others.
    I appreciate you and your humble day to day post, and it makes me a better home school mom. Because I can share a window of the world with an actual person, not a journalist who can leave at any time, nor a history book that may not think preparing chicken is historical. You have humbled me and made me work on working with what I have instead of going and getting more(American need for new)
    I stop by often and hope you don't mind. Thanks for all
    A sister in Christ in NM

    By the way my home school blog is more about the family: mcbenningschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi saralynn, so glad to hear you are well again!! do you have special plans for Easter? love, shaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Followed you over from pen of jen. I lived in the amazon jungle for 10 years and the thought of living in a desert...scary!!

    ReplyDelete