April 01, 2009

“Water for Life”

In  my Freshman Experience class at college (a required and stupid class for new freshmen), I met a girl named Sarah Day. She was a “Smithy” (girl who lived in Smith Hall), and I was a Fischerite (those who lived in the “opposing” freshman dorm, Fischer), so we didn’t see much of each other at all during our freshman year outside of that 9-week class. She was outgoing and brilliant, and I was shy and had a hard time getting through my first semester of college. I didn’t keep up with Sarah a whole lot during our school days, but she went on to student government greatness and was a political and international mastermind (to me, a lowly English Major). She, too, was a TCK (Third-culture Kid) who had grown up overseas.

Now, Sarah has a vision that I want to share so that it can perhaps be your vision, too. Sarah dreams of working for NGOs and other organizations as a photographer, specifically working with projects that help provide clean water to underprivileged people. If only I had such high aspirations! This is really on Sarah’s heart, and I as an adult TCK in the developing world have seen how desperately clean water is needed in some places. Many countries can afford to provide clean water on their own through the public health system, but some cannot, due to politics and bad infrastructure. Sarah wants to help publicize the need and make that clean water available by her photography. Would you like to help?

She has entered a contest that will give a few people the chance to make their visions a reality. By voting for her project, we can help send Sarah to Africa, Asia, Latin America, and all around the world to minister to people in her talented way. If you feel able or called, please visit the website here (the sooner, the better, for there is a time limit) and vote for Sarah’s project, “Water for Life.” We appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment