April 11, 2008

Pass/fail

David passed his Part I Fellowship exam!!

Very cool, especially considering only one-third of those who attempted actually passed. Wow, my husband's awesome. :) (I knew that already, but I always enjoy the confirmation in tangible terms.)

He was gone for TWO WHOLE WEEKS and is now safe at home, back to the normal everyday routine at the hospital--but this time as a senior resident. Yay!! I couldn't be more proud. Now he has to study for the same exam given by the National medical college as opposed to the West African college. *sigh*

In the meantime, I'm still working frantically, trying to do too many things at once--between planning our trip to the States, looking up medical requirements to practice in the U.S., taking care of Timothy, working both my jobs, helping set up (and work, next week) the Hillcrest Book Fair...Anything else I left out? I think any day now I'm just going to crash and burn. How can people really expect me to handle all this? Or am I just incompetent and lazy??

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous02:13

    I know it's cliche but--Philippians 4:6--God's peace is at hand! ~lisa shiira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous09:08

    Try looking under ECFMG or USMLE or NMS for the medical requirements & study guides

    http://www.ecfmg.org/
    http://www.usmle.org/

    Marianne the bored Medical Librarian who likes to read African blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:32

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous21:52

    You are not incompetent and lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara,

    I am just reading your blog due to a link on your Dad's and Mom's newsletter. Enjoyed it! If you need to know more about David practicing in the US, Mark can get info for you. In fact, if you and David want to live in beautiful Zillah, WA, the farmworker's clinic Mark works is always needing docs and helps do all the paperwork and pay all the expenses. They are looking for an FP currently. Maybe David has to do a residency here first, though. Another Christian MD and wife work in the Yakima Farmworker's clinic. He trained at Uni Jos, if I remember correctly. Neat couple.
    Blessings, Laurie Sauerwein

    ReplyDelete