June 08, 2007

Immigration update

I realised a few days ago that I never posted an update on my passport/visa stuff!

The first exciting thing was to get my new passport. Woohoo! The picture's the best I think I've ever had. Yay! And it lasts ten years, so I'm all set with my electronic passport. (The next ordeal will be getting Baby "Kes" a passport early next year... I've heard it can be nightmarish.)

The next exciting thing was to get an indefinite re-entry visa in my new passport, which means that as long as my passport is valid (i.e., until April 2017), I can leave and re-enter Nigeria as many times as I darn well please. Cool! No more tromping to the Nigerian embassy in DC. (And yes, I did "tromp," thank you very much.)

So I'm really and officially legal now! What a relief! No more worries about being dragged out of the country and deported. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment