May 07, 2007

I can drive!!

(First let me just say it's been a real adjustment not having Internet in my house for the past few weeks. We really do hope to get it up and running again soon so I can blog regularly again! I miss writing!)

We got a new car last week! Okay, so it's hardly "new," seeing as it's an '86, but it's an automatic transmission, so I can drive it! Talk about freedom. It's just such a liberating feeling to be behind the wheel of a car. I can go anywhere I want whenever I want. Wow! I hadn't driven since September, so it's been fun getting on the road again. A bit nerve-wracking at times, what with the hundreds of motorcycles crowding the streets. But I'm glad I don't have to rely on David anymore. Yay!

No name for her yet, but it's a she. I was thinking of Cherry, but it's just an idea. I'm open to suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. hi saralynn, glad to hear you got your freedom back! now you can drive straight to the ice-cream cafe if you get a craving, hehe :) my parents are visiting for 10 days - its so nice to be around family again. take care of yourself and it! love, shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. My white car is named Blanche! Names for car really work! Especially when there are kids around. The car becomes a person, another member of the family. With that said maybe the car should be Chloe, to go with Zoe? Or is that too twinish? Have fun with the new set of wheels, and let me know where you can pick up Pickles and Icecream in Jos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought from the title that you were going to say you learned to drive stick! Sigh... We manual transmission people are a definite minority these days. Except for in Scotland =) Did you keep the other car, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I go away for a week or so, and I have so much to catch up on.
    I like Cherry or to be more regal Cherie!
    I have always wanted a red car, but we buy used and color is not the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete