February 20, 2007

Zoë's mishap

I heard meowing last night, but David didn't hear it. Admittedly, it was pretty faint. But I was sure it was Zoë, so I went all over the house looking for her. We'd just come home from dinner and games at my parents' (they'd had guests), and I realised I hadn't seen her since we'd gotten back.

She wasn't in the bedrooms or the bathroom. She wasn't stuck in a box somewhere, or a drawer in the dresser. (That used to happen to my famiy's old kitten Trillian.) I even opened the front door to see if she'd gotten locked outside accidentally. (She's an indoor kitty, but sometimes she darts out before we even realise it!) But she wasn't there. I went back into the living room, but the sound had definitely been louder in our kitchen, by our front door.

My eyes widened as I suddenly realised where my kitten was.

I grabbed the refrigerator door and yanked it open. There was Zoë, meowing furiously on the top shelf of our fridge! She'd been inside for four hours, ever since David had gotten out a carrot before we went to dinner!!

This isn't the first time she's climbed into the fridge, but this is the first time she's been shut inside without our realising it!! She obviously wasn't hurt, just a bit disgruntled. I gave her some fish and cuddled her in apology, and she's doing all right now. In fact, this morning, she climbed into the fridge again for this photo! Silly cat!

Don't bother calling the ASPCA on me. I live in Africa, remember?

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, that is sooo funny! the poor thing must have been freezing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! Poor kitty! But she's got to learn some how, doesn't she! I can't believe she got back in the fridge this morning!

    ReplyDelete