June 19, 2006

What am I doing here?

What am I doing here? Ha. Sometimes I wonder that myself. Here I am, a young geek with aspirations of becoming a doctor, in Africa in the rainy season. Actually, it's home. I grew up here. But this time I'm back to do my own work.

I'm here in Jos working with an HIV/AIDS ministry... I hope. So far, there hasn't been much to do, but I'm keeping a look-out. I'm just learning in any case. I'll sit in on some counseling sessions, visit clients and patients who are HIV+, ask questions, and write about it all.

There may also be some writing about being at the hospital where my dad is a paediatrician. I just can't help myself: the hospital is my second home. But I'll try to keep my focus on the ministry.

I'm here until August 2006. Who knows what can happen between now and then? I guarantee I'll be excited and depressed - some days probably at the same time. But come along for the trek, and I promise it won't be boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment