January 16, 2013

My bucket list (a work in progress)

  • Join my mom in writing the story of her life.
  • Visit North Dakota, Alaska, and Hawaii.
  • Go bushwalking.
  • Run a whole 5k.
  • Get eight hours of sleep every night for a whole week.
  • Learn how to knit.
  • Take my eldest niece to see The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway for her 16th birthday (assuming it is still playing and assuming she wants to go!).
  • Walk 20+ miles of the Appalachian Trail.
  • Watch a meteor shower with the kids—really watch it, lying on blankets and sipping hot cocoa.
  • Eat Persian food in Iran.
  • Climb the Eiffel Tower.
  • Ride a bullet train.
  • Travel to another African country.
  • Go hiking in New Zealand.
  • Read Les Miserables, at least the abridged version.
  • Drive to Alaska.
  • Go snow-shoeing.
  • Ride in a sleigh.
  • Be in a friend’s wedding.
  • Fly in one direction all the way around the world (with stops, of course).
  • Experience zero gravity.
  • Watch a Star Trek movie marathon (of course, the order presents a dilemma).
  • Grow my hair out to below my shoulder blades (for the first time since 2000).
  • Complete all the homework for a Beth Moore Bible study.
  • Welcome my little brother Luke to the U.S.!
  • Be part of a flash mob.
  • Save someone’s life.
  • Go deer hunting with a compound bow, even if I don’t shoot anything. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid you'll have to go "tramping", not hiking, in New Zealand! Pronounced: trem-pung

    It does all sound like a lot of fun!! Great aspirations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous00:28

    I highly recommend you visit Hawaii before Alaska and North Dakota! I have visit Louisiana and Alabama on my bucket list, as those are the two I'm still missing. As for the Eiffel Tower, I think you should take the elevator instead of climbing the stairs. The view from the top is the same, but one way you still have your breath when you get there :) And as for New Zealand, maybe we can go together some year and cross it off both our lists.

    ReplyDelete