August 09, 2009

Returning at long last

I can’t give all the reasons for my having taken a vacation from blogging this summer, but I think I need to return, to some extent. I’m a writer. It’s what I do. It’s not a passion or a job; it’s like breathing. I don’t think about it. It’s an instinct, and these past two+ months have been a hellish withdrawal. Although many of my reasons for taking a break are still valid, I’ve realised that for my sanity and the wellbeing of my relationships with those around me, I need to write. Whether anyone reads it or not, I have to express certain things or I will spontaneously combust!

So here’s to blogging and to all you faithful readers who’ve stuck with me these past three years. Thanks for making the effort. I hope it’s been worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17:09

    Saralynn, if you get a chance, you should see 'Julie & Julia'. It's a movie about a Julie who 'blogs' about Julia Childs of cooking fame. She's also a writer who just couldn't stop after she started.
    grampa

    ReplyDelete