March 11, 2009

Moving

David and I came up to Coalinga with two thoughts in mind. One was to visit my dad's sister and her husband while we were still in California. The other was to scout out if this could possibly be a place for us to live for a few months. David is still hoping to do an accelerated BSN program in August, but there are a few hurdles to jump first (sadly, none that we can jump).

My aunt knows someone who is willing to rent us a cozy little place in town for a fabulous price, so we jumped at the chance. We'll go back down to San Diego tomorrow, pack up our few things, mail our boxes (to ourselves), attend our church one last time, then head back up here next week. We're hoping to visit my mom's sister in greater L.A. on the way up, as well as meet with a medical friend of my dad's to "network." We should be back in Coalinga Tuesday night or Wednesday (in time for choir practice).

It's been wonderful to be here, finally making real plans, getting ready to put down some temporary roots. My aunt's church is such a warm and friendly place, and I'm excited to be part of it for awhile. They have always been another church family for us whenever we've visited and have been extremely supportive of my parents as missionaries. I hope that somehow, I can give back a little to the people who have given us so much.

I do have a job possibility, too, but I'm not sure it's something I'm really qualified to do. It's more in David's field, but there are complications that make it impossible for him to take the job. So, if we decide I need to work a real job, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'll continue with my two jobs that I'm working part-time from home. We should be okay until we figure out David's situation. It's such a relief to finally have made a decision!

And if David gets into the nursing program, we'll be moving to Nebraska later this year... We'll see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow!!! So much going on. We can hardly keep up with you guys. I'm glad you feel good about this step. I hope it works out fine, and that you enjoy your last days in San Diego (laugh - I just had mail sent to your Brookview address, though have no idea when it will arrive) We pray for you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nebraska, eh? Well, Jonathan says that's close enough that we could visit! We thought you were moving to Coalinga permanently. Guess not! We hope everything works out for you guys. Don't get too stressed!

    ReplyDelete